The contents of this website are provided as general information only. The Kimberley Land Council Aboriginal Corporation ABN 96 724 252 047 ICN 21 (KLC), and its members, employees and agents accept no liability for and give no undertakings, guarantees or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of the information provided.
The contents of this website are not intended to be, nor should they be, relied upon as a substitute for legal or other professional advice. No reliance should be placed on the information provided when making a decision affecting your own interest.
This website contains links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. The KLC is not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with those linked websites.
All intellectual property rights in this website, including design, text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and all software relating to this website, unless otherwise stated, belong to or are licensed by the KLC. Apart from any use as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), no part may be reproduced without the prior written consent of the KLC.
All intellectual property rights in any cultural information, narratives and images used in this website, including, pictures, photographs and sound recordings, unless otherwise stated, remain the property of the native title holders and claimants of the Kimberley region, represented by the KLC. No information, narratives or image may be reproduced or copied without the prior express permission of the relevant native title holders, claimants or the KLC.
© Kimberley Land Council 2009. All rights reserved.
The KLC is committed to protecting your personal information.
The KLC is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the National Privacy Principles. This policy sets out how the KLC manages your personal information.
How secure is the KLC’s website?
There is always a risk when using the internet that any information you send may be accessed and viewed by others. The KLC will use its reasonable endeavors to ensure that any personal information collected is protected from unauthorised access, use and modification; however, the KLC cannot ensure that your personal information will not be accessed by unauthorised users (i.e. hackers).
How secure is your personal information?
If you provide personal information to the KLC by completing an online survey, providing your email address, or requesting information, the KLC:
- will not collect any unnecessary information or information without your informed knowledge and consent;
- will take all reasonable means to secure your information against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuses;
- may provide your information to approved business partners but will not allow access to your information by other third parties without your consent or unless required by law, such as in the investigation of a criminal offence, and in compliance with a search warrant or subpoena.
Any information you submit to the KLC will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it, and incidental purposes.
You may access your personal information held by the KLC by contacting us on (08) 9194 0100 writing to us at PO Box 2145 Broome WA 6725.
What type of information is collected by the KLC?
When you view this website, the KLC may record information about your visit for statistical purposes. The data recorded from your visit may include:
- your network address;
- browser-type and operating system;
- click-stream data of your visit to the website including: date, time and length of the visit; the path taken to the website (e.g. through a search engine or link from another website); and
- pages accessed, route taken through the website, searches performed and documents downloaded.
This information does not in itself identify individuals and is used to measure the number of visitors to the website and how it was navigated. This information assists us to make the website more useful to you. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the internet service provider’s logs.
How is this information used?
The KLC uses this data for the purposes of:
- website and system administration, including monitoring to prevent security breaches;
- evaluation, research and development; and
- processing requests or feedback.
Generally, data collected is stored in transmission logs, and archived for a period of seven years. KLC staff that operate the website, or have access to any user information related to it, are subject to the Privacy Act.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites. KLC is not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and any linked websites are not subject to KLC’s privacy policies and procedures.